Target Audience:This activity is intended for physicians and researchers interested in complementary and alternative medicine.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Russell H. Greenfield, MD
Carolinas Integrative Health
Carolinas HealthCare System
Clinical Assistant Professor
School of Medicine
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC
Lynn Keegan, RN, PhD, AHN-BC, FAAN
Holistic Nursing Consultants
Port Angeles, WA
David Kiefer, MD
Program in Integrative Medicine
College of Medicine
University of Arizona
- Calcium for Weight Management
- Vitamin D Supplementation to Prevent Colorectal Cancer
- Clinical Briefs: Hungry, but Alive—Calorie Restriction
- Growing Stronger—Strength Training for Older Adults
- make informed, evidence-based decisions about whether to consider using alternative therapies in practice
- describe and critique the objectives, methods, results, and conclusions of useful, current, peer-reviewed clinical studies in alternative medicine as published in the scientific literature
Financial Disclosure:Alternative Medicine Alert’s Executive Editor, Russell H. Greenfield, MD, has no financial relationships with companies having ties to the material presented in this continuing education program. In addition, authors Lynn Keegan, RN, PhD, AHN-BC, FAAN and David Kiefer, MD both report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2006 AHC Media. All rights reserved.