Target Audience:This activity is intended for physicians and researchers interested in complementary and alternative medicine.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Russell H. Greenfield, MD
Carolinas Integrative Health
Carolinas HealthCare System
Clinical Assistant Professor
School of Medicine
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC
Fact Sheet Editor
Mary L. Hardy, MD
UCLA Center for Dietary Supplement,
Research and Botanicals
Cedars-Sinai Integrative Medicine Program
Paula L. Cousins
AHC Media, formerly Thomson American Health Consultants
Susan Marcolina MD, FACP
David Kiefer, MD
Program in Integrative Medicine
College of Medicine
University of Arizona in Tucson
- Regular Aerobic Exercise for the Mitigation of Alzheimer Dementia
- Supplements Commonly Used for Weight Loss: What's the Skinny?
- Clinical Briefs
- present evidence-based clinical analyses of commonly used alternative therapies
- make informed, evidence-based recommendations to clinicians about whether to consider using such therapies in practice
- describe and critique the objectives, methods, results and conclusions of useful, current, peer-reviewed clinical studies in alternative medicine as published in the scientific literature
Financial Disclosure:Russell H. Greenfield, MD (executive editor), Mary L. Hardy, MD (fact sheet editor), and Paula L. Cousins (managing editor) have no financial relationships with companies having ties to the material presented in this continuing education program. Susan Marcolina MD, FACP and David Kiefer, MD (authors) reports no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2006 AHC Media. All rights reserved.