Target Audience:This activity is intended for physicians and researchers interested in complementary and alternative medicine.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Russell H. Greenfield, MD
Carolinas Integrative Health
Carolinas HealthCare System
Clinical Assistant Professor
School of Medicine
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC
Fact Sheet Editor
Mary L. Hardy, MD
UCLA Center for Dietary Supplement
Research and Botanicals
Cedars-Sinai Integrative Medicine Program
Saurin Mehta, MD
Division of Rheumatology
Sharon L. Kolasinski, MD, FACP, FACR
Fellowship Program in Rheumatology
Chief of the Clinical Service
Division of Rheumatology
University of Pennsylvania
Amy E. Griel, PhD
Penny M. Kris-Etherton, PhD, RD
Distinguished Professor of Nutrition
Department of Nutritional Sciences
Penn State University
University Park, PA
Paula L. Cousins
- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA): A Role in Bone Health?
- Nuts Reduce Risk of Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Briefs With Comments from Russell H. Greenfield, MD
- present evidence-based clinical analyses of commonly used alternative therapies
- make informed, evidence-based recommendations to clinicians about whether to consider using such therapies in practice
- describe and critique the objectives, methods, results and conclusions of useful, current, peer-reviewed clinical studies in alternative medicine as published in the scientific literature
Financial Disclosure:Russell H. Greenfield, MD (executive editor), Mary L. Hardy, MD (fact sheet editor), Sue Coons (News Briefs author) and Paula L. Cousins (managing editor) have no financial relationships with companies having ties to the material presented in this continuing education program. Saurin Mehta, MD, Sharon L. Kolasinski, MD, FACP, FACR, and Amy E. Griel, PhD (authors) report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Penny M. Kris-Etherton, PhD, RD (author) receives research support from Hershey Foods and the California Pistachio Commission.
Copyright 2007 AHC Media. All rights reserved.