Target Audience:This activity is intended for physicians and researchers interested in complementary and alternative medicine.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Russell H. Greenfield, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
School of Medicine
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC
Visiting Assistant Professor
University of Arizona
College of Medicine
Fact Sheet Editor
Mary L. Hardy, MD
UCLA Center for Dietary Supplement
Research and Botanicals
Cedars-Sinai Integrative Medicine Program
Paula L. Cousins
Tiffany Segre, MD
Integrative Family Medicine Program
Maine Medical Center
University of Arizona (Tucson)
Amy E. Griel, PhD
Penny M. Kris-Etherton, PhD, RD
Distinguished Professor of Nutrition
Department of Nutritional Sciences
Penn State University
University Park, PA
Editorial Advisory Board Member
Craig Schneider, MD
Director of Integrative Medicine
Department of Family Medicine
Maine Medical Center
- American Ginseng (Panax quinquefolius) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infections
- Nuts Reduce Cardiovascular Disease Risk
- Clinical Briefs With Comments from Russell H. Greenfield, MD
- present evidence-based clinical analyses of commonly used alternative therapies
- make informed, evidence-based recommendations to clinicians about whether to consider using such therapies in practice
- describe and critique the objectives, methods, results and conclusions of useful, current, peer-reviewed clinical studies in alternative medicine as published in the scientific literature
Financial Disclosure:Russell H. Greenfield, MD (executive editor), Mary L. Hardy, MD (fact sheet editor), and Paula L. Cousins (managing editor) have no financial relationships with companies having ties to the material presented in this continuing education program. Tiffany Segre, MD and Amy E. Griel, PhD (authors) and Craig Schneider, MD (editorial advisory board member) report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Penny M. Kris-Etherton, PhD, RD (author) receives research support from Hershey Foods and the California Pistachio Commission.
Copyright 2007 AHC Media. All rights reserved.