Target Audience:This activity is intended for physicians and researchers interested in complementary and alternative medicine.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Russell H. Greenfield, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
School of Medicine
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC
Visiting Assistant Professor
University of Arizona
College of Medicine
Fact Sheet Editor
Mary L. Hardy, MD
Ted Mann Center
University of California-Los Angeles
Simms/Mann Health and Wellness Programs
Venice Family Clinic
Judith L. Balk, MD, MPH, FACOG
University of Pittsburgh
Paula L. Cousins
Susan T. Marcolina, MD, FACP
Board-certified Internist and Geriatrician
Dónal P. Mathúna, PhD
Lecturer in Health Care Ethics
School of Nursing
Dublin City University
- The Use of Melatonin in the Treatment of Hypertension
- Tai Chi to Prevent Falls Among the Elderly
- Clinical Briefs With Comments from Russell H. Greenfield, MD
- present evidence-based clinical analyses of commonly used alternative therapies
- make informed, evidence-based recommendations to clinicians about whether to consider using such therapies in practice
- describe and critique the objectives, methods, results and conclusions of useful, current, peer-reviewed clinical studies in alternative medicine as published in the scientific literature
Financial Disclosure:Russell H. Greenfield, MD (executive editor), discloses that he speaks on behalf of Nature's Way, in conjunction with their Lactobacillus reuteri product. Mary L. Hardy, MD (fact sheet editor), Judith L. Balk, MD, MPH, FACOG (peer reviewer), and Paula L. Cousins (managing editor) have no financial relationships with companies having ties to the material presented in this continuing education program. Authors Susan T. Marcolina, MD, FACP and Dónal P. Mathúna, PhD report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2007 AHC Media. All rights reserved.