Target Audience:This activity is intended for physicians and researchers interested in complementary and alternative medicine.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Russell H. Greenfield, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
School of Medicine
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC
Visiting Assistant Professor
University of Arizona
College of Medicine
Iris Williamson Young
Dónal P. O'Mathúna, PhD
Senior Lecturer in Ethics, Decision-Making & Evidence
School of Nursing
Dublin City University, Ireland
Howell Sasser, PhD
Director, Research Epidemiology
R. Stuart Dickson Institute for Health Studies
Carolinas HealthCare System
Family Medicine Specialist
- Agaricus Blazei Murrill and Cancer Prevention and Treatment
- Mindfulness Meditation and 'Normal Stress'
- Vitamin D in The Treatment of Breast Cancer
- Clinical Briefs With Comments from Russell H. Greenfield, MD.
- present evidence-based clinical analyses of commonly used alternative therapies
- make informed, evidence-based recommendations to clinicians about whether to consider using such therapies in practice
- describe and critique the objectives, methods, results and conclusions of useful, current, peer-reviewed clinical studies in alternative medicine as published in the scientific literature
Russell H. Greenfield, MD (executive editor) Dónal P. O'Mathúna, PhD (author) Howell Sasser, PhD (author) Maria Cayelli (author) and Iris Williamson Young (managing editor) have no financial relationships with companies having ties to the material presented in this continuing education program.
Copyright 2008 AHC Media. All rights reserved.