Target Audience:This activity is intended for physicians and researchers interested in complementary and alternative medicine.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Russell H. Greenfield, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
School of Medicine
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC
Visiting Assistant Professor
University of Arizona
College of Medicine
Senior Managing Editor
David Kiefer, MD
Clinical Instructor, Family Medicine
University of Washington, Seattle
Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine
University of Arizona, Tucson
Adjunct Faculty, Bastyr
Editorial Board Members
Dónal P. O'Mathúna, PhD
Senior Lecturer in Ethics, Decision- Making & Evidence
School of Nursing, Dublin City University, Ireland
Judith L. Balk, MD, MPH, FACOG
University of Pittsburgh
- How Does Your Garden Grow? Organic vs. Conventional Food
- Extra Calcium Does Not Prevent Weight Gain Among Overweight/Obese Patients
- Does Yoga Untie the Pretzel of Anxiety and Depression?
- Public Perceptions of and Behavioral Changes in Response to the H1N1 Flu Outbreak
- When Statins Hurt: Red Yeast Rice and LDL-cholesterol
- A New Movement: Feldenkrais and Falls
- Use of CAM in the United States: Cost Data
- present evidence-based clinical analyses of commonly used alternative therapies
- make informed, evidence-based recommendations to clinicians about whether to consider using such therapies in practice
- describe and critique the objectives, methods, results and conclusions of useful, current, peer-reviewed clinical studies in alternative medicine as published in the scientific literature
Russell H. Greenfield, MD (executive editor), David Kiefer, MD (peer reviewer), Judith L. Balk, MD, MPH, FACOG (author), Dónal P. O'Mathúna, PhD (editorial advisory board member), and Paula Cousins (senior managing editor) have no financial relationships with companies having ties to the material presented in this continuing education program.
Copyright 2009 AHC Media. All rights reserved.