Target Audience:This activity is intended for nurse case managers, case management directors, social workers, and utilization review nurses who work outside the acute care setting.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Mary Booth Thomas
Betsy Pegelow, RN, MSN
Director, Special Projects
Community Service Division
Miami Jewish Health Systems
- CMs in primary care practices facilitate care for at-risk members
- Close relationship with patients is key to success
- Opportunities for CMs in changing health care arena
- Case Management Week is your time to shine
- Would you like a 96% participation for HRAs?
- Dig a little deeper after a near-accident
- Tailor education on heart disease to women
- Identify clinical, legal, legislative, regulatory, financial, and social issues relevant to case management
- Explain how the clinical, legal, legislative, regulatory, financial, and social issues relevant to case management affect case managers and clients.
- Describe practical ways to solve problems that case managers encounter in their daily case management activities
Financial Disclosure:Editor Mary Booth Thomas, Executive Editor Russ Underwood, Managing Editor Jill Robbins, and Nurse Planner Betsy Pegelow, RN, MSN, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2010 AHC Media. All rights reserved.