Target Audience:This activity is intended for nurse case managers, case management directors, social workers, and utilization review nurses who work outside the acute care setting.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Mary Booth Thomas
Senior Vice President/Group Publisher
Margaret Leonard, MS, RN-BC, FNP
Senior Vice President
Hudson Health Plan
Dorothy Consonery- Fairnot, MSHA, RN, CCM, CLNC
Chair of the Commission for Case Manager Certification
Mount Laurel, NJ
Founder and President
Fairnot & Associates Health Care Consulting
Kathryn M. Serbin, BSN, MS, CCM
Chair-Elect of the Chair of the Commission for Case Management Certification
Mount Laurel, NJ
Section Chief, Women's Health Clinic
Senior Nurse, Surgical Clinics
Ambulatory Care Center of the James A. Lovell Federal Healthcare Facility
- Technology helps case managers and nurses work more efficiently
- Care coordination cuts hospitalizations
- Getting it right on readmissions
- Higher hospital spending linked to lower mortality
- Race and neighborhood linked with chronic pain
- Cultural competence enhances outcomes
- Identify clinical, legal, legislative, regulatory, financial, and social issues relevant to case management
- Explain how the clinical, legal, legislative, regulatory, financial, and social issues relevant to case management affect case managers and clients.
- Describe practical ways to solve problems that case managers encounter in their daily case management activities
Financial Disclosure:Editor Mary Booth Thomas, Executive Editor Joy Dickinson, Managing Editor Felicia Willis, Senior Vice President/Group Publisher Don Johnston, Nurse Planner Margaret Leonard, MS, RN-BC, FNP, Guest Columnists Dorothy Consonery- Fairnot, MSHA, RN, CCM, CLNC, and Kathryn M. Serbin, BSN, MS, CCM report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2012 AHC Media. All rights reserved.