Target Audience:This educational activity is intended for critical care physicians and nurses.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.0 nursing contact hours using a 50-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.0 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
David J. Pierson, MD
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
University of Washington
Leslie A. Hoffman, PhD, RN
Nursing and Clinical & Translational Science
University of Pittsburgh
William Thompson, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine
University of Washington
Saadia R. Akhtar, MD, MSc
St. Luke's Idaho Pulmonary Associates
Richard J. Wall, MD, MPH
Pulmonary Critical Care & Sleep Disorders Medicine,
Valley Medical Center,
Betty Tran, MD, MS
Assistant Professor of Medicine,
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine,
Rush University Medical Center,
Linda L. Chlan, RN, PhD
Dean's Distinguished Professor of Symptom Management Research,
The Ohio State University,
College of Nursing
Richard H. Kallet, MS, RRT, FAARC, FCCM
Director of Quality Assurance,
Respiratory Care Services,
San Francisco General Hospital
- Burnout Syndrome Among Critical Care Professionals: A Cause for Alarm
- ICU Feeding Strategy and Acute Lung Injury Outcomes
- The Vexing Problems of Lung-Protective Ventilation: Asynchrony, Work of Breathing, and Sedation
- Identify the particular clinical, legal, or scientific issues related to critical care
- Describe how those issues affect physicians, nurses, health care workers, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- Cite solutions to the problems associated with those issues
Critical Care Alert's Editor David J. Pierson, MD, Nurse Planner Leslie A. Hoffman, PhD, RN, Peer Reviewer William Thompson, MD, Executive Editor Leslie Coplin, Managing Editor Neill Kimball, and Associate Editors Saadia R. Akhtar, MD, MSc report no financial relationships relevant to this field of study.
Authors Betty Tran, MD, MS and Richard H. Kallet, MS, RRT, FAARC, FCCM report no financial relationships relevant to this field of study.
Author Linda L. Chlan, RN, PhD, FAAN reports that she receives grant/research support from the Hospira.
Copyright 2013 AHC Media. All rights reserved.