Target Audience:This educational activity is intended for critical care physicians and nurses.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.0 nursing contact hours using a 50-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.0 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Faculty Listing:Editor David J. Pierson, MD
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
University of Washington
Seattle Nurse Planner Leslie A. Hoffman, PhD, RN
Nursing and Clinical & Translational Science
University of Pittsburgh Peer Reviewer William Thompson, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine
University of Washington
Seattle Executive Editor Leslie Coplin
AHC Media Managing Editor Neill Kimball
AHC Media Associate Editors Saadia R. Akhtar, MD, MSc
St. Luke's Idaho Pulmonary Associates
Boise Richard J. Wall, MD, MPH
Pulmonary Critical Care & Sleep Disorders Medicine,
Valley Medical Center,
Renton, WA Authors James E. McFeely, MD
Critical Care Units
Alta Bates Summit Medical Center
Linda L. Chlan, RN, PhD, FAAN
Dean's Distinguished Professor of Symptom Management Research,
The Ohio State University,
College of Nursing
- Therapeutic Hypothermia: How Cold Is Cold Enough?
- Can Occurrence of Delirium be Predicted by Elevated Proinflammatory Cytokines?
- What Makes an ICU Consultation ‘High Quality’?
- Strategies for Implementing an ICU Early Mobility Program: Lessons From Leaders in the Field
- Quality of Critical Care Work Environment Linked to Fewer Health Care-Associated Infections
- Identify the particular clinical, legal, or scientific issues related to critical care
- Describe how those issues affect physicians, nurses, health care workers, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- Cite solutions to the problems associated with those issues
Critical Care Alert's Editor David J. Pierson, MD, Nurse Planner Leslie A. Hoffman, PhD, RN, Peer Reviewer William Thompson, MD, Executive Editor Leslie Coplin, and Managing Editor Neill Kimball report no financial relationships relevant to this field of study.
Author James E. McFeely, MD reports no financial relationships relevant to this field of study. Author Linda L. Chlan, RN, PhD, FAAN reports that she receives grant/research support from Hospira.
Copyright 2014 AHC Media. All rights reserved.