Target Audience:This activity is intended for OB/GYNs, nurses, nurse practitioners, and other family planners.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Robert A. Hatcher, MD, MPH
Senior Author, Contraceptive Technology
Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Emory University School of Medicine
Senior Managing Editor
- U.S. teen pregnancy rates decline due to improved contraceptive use
- Research supports safety of continuous regimen pill
- Hormonal contraception use doesn't up HIV risk
- Adult male circumcision reduces risk for HIV
- Support is growing for HPV vaccine for girls
- Trichomoniasis in men — common, often undetected
- identify clinical, legal, or scientific issues related to development and provisions of contraceptive technology or other reproductive services
- describe how those issues affect services and patient care
- integrate practical solutions to problems and information into daily practices, according to advice from nationally recognized family planning experts
Financial Disclosure:Consulting Editor Robert A. Hatcher, MD, MPH, Author Rebecca Bowers, Associate Publisher Coles McKagen, and Senior Managing Editor Joy Dickinson report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2007 AHC Media. All rights reserved.