Target Audience:This activity is intended for OB/GYNs, nurses, nurse practitioners, and other family planners.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Robert A. Hatcher, MD, MPH
Senior Author, Contraceptive Technology
Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Emory University School of Medicine
Senior Managing Editor
Washington Watch Columnist
Sharon B. Schnare, RN, FNP, CNM, MSN, FAANP
Department of Family and Child Nursing
University of Washington Seattle School of Nursing
- New data on abstinence — What do they mean for teen pregnancy prevention?
- Use research to minimize bone loss in DMPA users
- Research sheds light on HPV transmission
- Science explores new contraceptive pathways
- More data emerge on emergency contraception
- See how to increase care for HIV-positive women
- STD alert: 50% of urban teen girls acquire STDs within 2 years of first sexual activity
- Public health officials focus on HIV efforts in DC
- identify clinical, legal, or scientific issues related to development and provisions of contraceptive technology or other reproductive services
- describe how those issues affect services and patient care
- integrate practical solutions to problems and information into daily practices, according to advice from nationally recognized family planning experts
- provide practical information that is evidence-based to help clinicians deliver contraceptives sensitively and effectively
Financial Disclosure:Consulting Editor Robert A. Hatcher, MD, MPH, Author Rebecca Bowers, Associate Publisher Coles McKagen, Senior Managing Editor Joy Dickinson, and Adam Sonfield (Washington Watch Columnist) report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Sharon B. Schnare, RN, FNP, CNM, MSN, FAANP, (Nurse Reviewer) discloses that she is a retained consultant and a speaker for Barr Laboratories, Berlex, and Organon; she is a consultant for 3M Pharmaceuticals; and she is a speaker for FEI Women's Health, Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceuticals, and Wyeth-Ayerst Pharmaceuticals.
Copyright 2010 AHC Media. All rights reserved.