Target Audience:This activity is intended for OB/GYNs, nurses, nurse practitioners, and other family planners.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Robert A. Hatcher, MD, MPH
Senior Author, Contraceptive Technology
Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Emory University School of Medicine
Senior Managing Editor
Washington Watch Columnist
Sharon B. Schnare, RN, FNP, CNM, MSN, FAANP
Department of Family and Child Nursing
University of Washington Seattle School of Nursing
- FDA panel recommends approval of new emergency contraceptive pill
- Estradiol valerate, dienogest OC gets nod
- Organizations advocate for adolescent care
- Is contraception part of preventive health?
- Multipurpose methods: New prevention option?
- New data emerge on teen sexual health
- Check out new HIV testing approaches — Could they impact epidemic in United States?
- Erectile dysfunction drug use, STD rate eyed
- Sexual, social factors put women at greater HIV risk
- identify clinical, legal, or scientific issues related to development and provisions of contraceptive technology or other reproductive services
- describe how those issues affect services and patient care
- integrate practical solutions to problems and information into daily practices, according to advice from nationally recognized family planning experts
- provide practical information that is evidence-based to help clinicians deliver contraceptives sensitively and effectively
Financial Disclosure:Consulting Editor Robert A. Hatcher, MD, MPH, Author Rebecca Bowers, Executive Editor Coles McKagen, Senior Managing Editor Joy Dickinson, and Adam Sonfield (Washington Watch Columnist) report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Sharon B. Schnare, RN, FNP, CNM, MSN, FAANP, (Nurse Reviewer) discloses that she is a retained consultant and a speaker for Barr Laboratories, Berlex, and Organon; she is a consultant for 3M Pharmaceuticals; and she is a speaker for FEI Women's Health, Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceuticals, and Wyeth-Ayerst Pharmaceuticals.
Copyright 2010 AHC Media. All rights reserved.