Target Audience:This activity is intended for OB/GYNs, nurses, nurse practitioners, and other family planners.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Robert A. Hatcher, MD, MPH
Senior Author, Contraceptive Technology
Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Emory University School of Medicine
Anita Brakman, MS
Assistant Director of Education, Research, and Training
Physicians for Reproductive Choice and Health
New York City
Melanie Gold, DO, FAAP, FACOP
Clinical Professor of Pediatrics
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
University of Pittsburgh Student Health Service
Sharon B. Schnare, RN, FNP, CNM, MSN, FAANP
Department of Family and Child Nursing
University of Washington Seattle School of Nursing
Jeffrey T. Jenson, MD, MPH
Editor, OB-GYN Clinical Alert
Leon Speroff Professor and Vice Chair for Research
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Oregon Health and Science University
- Science alert: HIV drug regimen cuts mother-to-infant transmission
- Potential spermicide enters advanced trial
- New data emerges on use of hormone therapy
- New test approved for trichomonas vaginalis
- Get your facility ready for HIV Testing Day
- Teen relationship abuse puts teens at risk
- Predict later weight gain for teens taking DMPA?
- identify clinical, legal, or scientific issues related to development and provisions of contraceptive technology or other reproductive services
- describe how those issues affect services and patient care
- integrate practical solutions to problems and information into daily practices, according to advice from nationally recognized family planning experts
- provide practical information that is evidence-based to help clinicians deliver contraceptives sensitively and effectively
Financial Disclosure:Consulting Editor Robert A. Hatcher, MD, MPH, Author Rebecca Bowers, Executive Editor Joy Dickinson, and Guest Authors Regina-Maria Renner, MD MPH, Frank W. Ling, and Catherine LeClair, MD report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Guest Author Alison Edelman, MD MPH, is a subdermal implant trainer for Merck. Sharon B. Schnare, RN, FNP, CNM, MSN, FAANP, (Nurse Reviewer) discloses that she is a retained consultant and a speaker for Barr Laboratories, Berlex, and Organon; she is a consultant for 3M Pharmaceuticals; and she is a speaker for FEI Women's Health, Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceuticals, and Wyeth-Ayerst Pharmaceuticals.
Copyright 2011 AHC Media. All rights reserved.