Target Audience:This activity is intended for OB/GYNs, nurses, nurse practitioners, and other family planners.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Robert A. Hatcher, MD, MPH
Senior Author, Contraceptive Technology
Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Emory University School of Medicine
Anita Brakman, MS
Director of Education, Research & Training
Physicians for Reproductive Choice and Health
New York City
Melanie Gold, DO, FAAP, FACOP
Clinical Professor of Pediatrics
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
University of Pittsburgh Student Health Service
Sharon B. Schnare, RN, FNP, CNM, MSN, FAANP
Department of Family and Child Nursing
University of Washington Seattle School of Nursing
- New moms choose sterilization over IUDs: What can reverse trend?
- Just in: IUDs reduce cervical cancer risk
- Qualitest pulls suspect OCs
- FDA schedules review of drospirenone pills
- New data emerges on one-size diaphragm
- More condom use by teen males reported
- EPT: Use it to reduce STI teen reinfection
- Seniors may be older and wiser, but don't assume they know STI risks
- Testing program to reach at-risk women
- What healthcare providers should know about detecting thyroidal conditions
- Estimate the incidence of endometriosis
- identify clinical, legal, or scientific issues related to development and provisions of contraceptive technology or other reproductive services
- describe how those issues affect services and patient care
- integrate practical solutions to problems and information into daily practices, according to advice from nationally recognized family planning experts
- provide practical information that is evidence-based to help clinicians deliver contraceptives sensitively and effectively
Financial Disclosure:Consulting Editor Robert A. Hatcher, MD, MPH, Author Rebecca Bowers, Executive Editor Joy Dickinson, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Anita Brakman, MS, and Melanie Gold, DO, FAAP, FACOP Guest Columnists, report no disclosures. Sharon Schnare (Nurse Reviewer) discloses that she is a retained consultant and a speaker for Barr Laboratories, Berlex, and Organon; she is a consultant for 3M Pharmaceuticals; and she is a speaker for FEI Women's Health, Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceuticals, and Wyeth-Ayerst Pharmaceuticals.
Copyright 2011 AHC Media. All rights reserved.