Target Audience:This activity is intended for OB/GYNs, nurses, nurse practitioners, and other family planners.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Robert A. Hatcher, MD, MPH
Senior Author, Contraceptive Technology
Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Emory University School of Medicine
Sharon B. Schnare, RN, FNP, CNM, MSN, FAANP
Department of Family and Child Nursing
University of Washington Seattle School of Nursing
Anita Brakman, MS
Director of Education, Research & Training
Physicians for Reproductive Choice and Health
New York City
Melanie Gold, DO, FAAP, FACOP
Clinical Professor of Pediatrics
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
University of Pittsburgh Student Health Service
- Little absolute risk of stroke, heart attack in hormonal contraceptives
- Women at high HIV risk can keep using methods
- MRI said safe for use with contraceptive devices
- Safety, acceptability of Shang Ring in focus
- Task force says quiz all women about abuse
- Risk differences seen among youth of color
- identify clinical, legal, or scientific issues related to development and provisions of contraceptive technology or other reproductive services
- describe how those issues affect services and patient care
- integrate practical solutions to problems and information into daily practices, according to advice from nationally recognized family planning experts
- provide practical information that is evidence-based to help clinicians deliver contraceptives sensitively and effectively
Financial Disclosure:Consulting Editor Robert A. Hatcher, MD, MPH, Author Rebecca Bowers, and Executive Editor Joy Dickinson, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Sharon Schnare (Nurse Reviewer) discloses that she is a retained consultant and a speaker for Barr Laboratories, Berlex, and Organon; she is a consultant for 3M Pharmaceuticals; and she is a speaker for FEI Women's Health, Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceuticals, and Wyeth-Ayerst Pharmaceuticals. Melanie Gold, guest columnist, discloses that she is a speaker for the Susan Keller Program sponsored by Novartis Pharmaceutical Corp. Anita Brakman, guest columnist, has no relevant relationships to disclose.
Copyright 2012 AHC Media. All rights reserved.