Target Audience:This activity is intended for OB/GYNs, nurses, nurse practitioners, and other family planners.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Robert A. Hatcher, MD, MPH
Senior Author, Contraceptive Technology
Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Emory University School of Medicine
Sharon B. Schnare, RN, FNP, CNM, MSN, FAANP
Department of Family and Child Nursing
University of Washington Seattle School of Nursing
Melanie Gold, DO, FAAP
Clinical Professor of Pediatrics
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
University of Pittsburgh Student Health Service
Anita Brakman, MS
Director of Education, Research & Training
Physicians for Reproductive Choice and Health
New York City
- Put myths to bed: Study shows IUD insertions don't cause PID in women
- Should the Pill go OTC? ACOG says'˜yes' to move
- Could technology be multi-purpose?
- Time to up HIV testing in U.S. youth ages 13-24
- Reach out to young men with 'Man Up Mondays'
- What community health centers can offer teens
- New practice tool offered by ARHP
- identify clinical, legal, or scientific issues related to development and provisions of contraceptive technology or other reproductive services
- describe how those issues affect services and patient care
- integrate practical solutions to problems and information into daily practices, according to advice from nationally recognized family planning experts
- provide practical information that is evidence-based to help clinicians deliver contraceptives sensitively and effectively
Financial Disclosure:Consulting Editor Robert A. Hatcher, MD, MPH, Author Rebecca Bowers, Executive Editor Joy Dickinson, and Guest Columnists Anita Brakman, MS report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Sharon Schnare (Nurse Reviewer) discloses that she is a retained consultant and a speaker for Barr Laboratories, Berlex, and Organon; she is a consultant for 3M Pharmaceuticals; and she is a speaker for FEI Women's Health, Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceuticals, and Wyeth-Ayerst Pharmaceuticals. Guest Columnist Melanie Gold, DO, FAAP discloses she is on the speaker's bureau for Novartis Pharmaceutical Co.
Copyright 2013 AHC Media. All rights reserved.