Target Audience:This activity is intended for OB/GYNs, nurses, nurse practitioners, and other family planners.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Faculty Listing:Consulting Editor
Robert A. Hatcher, MD, MPH
Senior Author, Contraceptive Technology
Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Emory University School of Medicine
Sharon B. Schnare, RN, FNP, CNM, MSN, FAANP
Department of Family and Child Nursing
University of Washington Seattle School of Nursing
Anita Brakman, MS
Director of Education, Research & Training Physicians
Reproductive Choice and Health
New York City
Melanie Gold, DO, FAAP
Clinical Professor of Pediatrics
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
University of Pittsburgh
Student Health Service
- Teen pregnancy'” Time to talk about long-acting reversible contraception
- What do we know about teen births?
- The options expand for extended regimen OCs
- Women 40+ still need effective contraception
- See nonsurgical options for abnormal bleeding
- New model may pinpoint last menstrual period
- Teen Topics: Judge drops restrictions on EC age'” finally!
- identify clinical, legal, or scientific issues related to development and provisions of contraceptive technology or other reproductive services
- describe how those issues affect services and patient care
- integrate practical solutions to problems and information into daily practices, according to advice from nationally recognized family planning experts
- provide practical information that is evidence-based to help clinicians deliver contraceptives sensitively and effectively
Consulting Editor Robert A. Hatcher, MD, MPH
, Author Rebecca Bowers
, and Executive Editor Joy Dickinson
, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Sharon Schnare
Nurse Reviewer, discloses that she is a retained consultant for Watson Laboratories and Dopomed; on the speakers€™ bureau for Meda Pharmaceuticals, Merck Sharpe & Dohme Corp., and Teva Women€™s Health; and on the speakers bureau and a retained consultant for Bayer Health Care Pharmaceuticals.
Melanie Gold, co-author, discloses that she is on the speakers bureau for Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp.
Anita Brakman, co-author, has no relevant relationships to disclose.
Copyright 2013 AHC Media. All rights reserved.