Target Audience:This activity is intended for OB/GYNs, nurses, nurse practitioners, and other family planners.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Faculty Listing:Consulting Editor
Robert A. Hatcher, MD, MPH
Senior Author, Contraceptive Technology
Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Emory University School of Medicine
Sharon B. Schnare, RN, FNP, CNM, MSN, FAANP
Department of Family and Child Nursing
University of Washington Seattle School of Nursing
- Potential HPV vaccine shows promise: What could it mean for young women?
- LARC methods: 7 things you need to know
- Put US SPR guidance into your practice
- Classify the causes of abnormal uterine bleeding
- How to get into heads of teens in initial visit
- Lawmakers step in to protect confidentiality
- Identify clinical, legal, or scientific issues related to development and provisions of contraceptive technology or other reproductive services
- Describe how those issues affect services and patient care
- Integrate practical solutions to problems and information into daily practices, according to advice from nationally recognized family planning experts
- Provide practical information that is evidence-based to help clinicians deliver contraceptives sensitively and effectively
Financial Disclosure: Consulting Editor Robert A. Hatcher, MD, MPH, Author Rebecca Bowers, and Executive Editor Joy Dickinson report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Sharon Schnare, Nurse Reviewer, discloses that she is a retained consultant for Watson Laboratories and Dopomed; on the speakers' bureau for Meda Pharmaceuticals, Merck Sharpe & Dohme Corp., and Teva Women's Health; and on the speakers bureau and a retained consultant for Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals. Adam Sonfield, guest columnist, has no relevant relationships to disclose.
Copyright 2014 AHC Media. All rights reserved.