Target Audience:This activity is intended for OB/GYNs, nurses, nurse practitioners, and other family planners.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Faculty Listing:Consulting Editor Robert A. Hatcher, MD, MPH
Senior Author, Contraceptive Technology
Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Emory University School of Medicine
Atlanta Authors Rebecca BowersAdam Sonfield
Executive Editor Joy Dickinson
AHC Media Nurse Reviewer
Melanie Deal, MS, WHNP-BC, FNP
San Francisco State University Student Health Services
- Options might begin to emerge with new data out on LARC
- Interpregnancy interval -- You can help women
- Check treatment options for dysmenorrhea
- Options being eyed for transdermal contraception
- Clinicians missing mark on sex talk with teens
- Contraceptive coverage heads to Supreme Court
- New data emerges on use of pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP)
- What is the role of express STI testing?
- Identify clinical, legal, or scientific issues related to development and provisions of contraceptive technology or other reproductive services
- Describe how those issues affect services and patient care
- Integrate practical solutions to problems and information into daily practices, according to advice from nationally recognized family planning experts
- Provide practical information that is evidence-based to help clinicians deliver contraceptives sensitively and effectively
Consulting Editor Robert A. Hatcher
, MD, MPH, Author Rebecca Bowers
, and Executive Editor Joy Dickinson
report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Melanie Deal
, nurse reviewer, discloses that she is on the speakers bureau for Actavis and Merck & Co. and the advisory board for Actavis, Teva, and Hologic.Adam Sonfield
, guest columnist, has no relevant relationships to disclose.
Copyright 2014, AHC Media. All rights reserved.