Target Audience:This activity is intended for OB/GYNs, nurses, nurse practitioners, and other family planners.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Faculty Listing:Consulting Editor Robert A. Hatcher, MD, MPH
Senior Author, Contraceptive Technology
Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Emory University School of Medicine
Atlanta Authors Rebecca Bowers Executive Editor Joy Dickinson
AHC Media Nurse Reviewer
Melanie Deal, MS, WHNP-BC, FNP
San Francisco State University Student Health Services
- Contraceptive implant makes inroads as birth control option
- Get practice up to speed on LARC methods
- Extended OC use, Quick Start has arrived
- Pills are still popular with many women
- Contraception focus: Combined hormones
- Add screening for violence by intimate partners
- Identify clinical, legal, or scientific issues related to development and provisions of contraceptive technology or other reproductive services
- Describe how those issues affect services and patient care
- Integrate practical solutions to problems and information into daily practices, according to advice from nationally recognized family planning experts
- Provide practical information that is evidence-based to help clinicians deliver contraceptives sensitively and effectively
Consulting Editor Robert A. Hatcher
, MD, MPH, Author Rebecca Bowers
, and Executive Editor Joy Dickinson
report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Melanie Deal
, nurse reviewer, discloses that she is on the speakers bureau for Actavis and Merck & Co. and the advisory board for Actavis, Teva, and Hologic.
Copyright 2014, AHC Media. All rights reserved.