Target Audience:This activity is intended for OB/GYNs, nurses, nurse practitioners, and other family planners.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Faculty Listing:Consulting EditorAndrew M. Kaunitz, MD
Professor and Associate Chairman
Department of OB/GYN
University of Florida College of Medicine
Jacksonville Authors Rebecca Bowers
Executive Editor Joy Dickinson
AHC Media Nurse Reviewer
Melanie Deal, MS, WHNP-BC, FNP
San Francisco State University Student Health Services
- Removing financial barriers impacts teen pregnancy, abortion rates
- Duke Clinical Research Institute’s initiative to look at options for uterine fibroids
- Check birth control after bariatric surgery
- Many U.S. teenagers not receiving reproductive health care, according to CDC
- Are you recommending HPV vaccine for males?
- Use motivational interviewing with teens
- Identify clinical, legal, or scientific issues related to development and provisions of contraceptive technology or other reproductive services
- Describe how those issues affect services and patient care
- Integrate practical solutions to problems and information into daily practices, according to advice from nationally recognized family planning experts
- Provide practical information that is evidence-based to help clinicians deliver contraceptives sensitively and effectively
Consulting Editor Andrew M. Kaunitz, MD, discloses that he is a retained consultant for Actavis, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Merck, and Bayer; he receives grant/research support from Bayer, Trimel, and TherapeuticsMD; and he receives royalties from UpToDate. Author Rebecca Bowers, and Executive Editor Joy Dickinson report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Melanie Deal, nurse reviewer, discloses that she is on the speakers bureau for Actavis and Merck & Co. and the advisory board for Actavis, Teva, and Hologic. Melanie Gold, guest columnist, reports that she is on the speaker’s bureau for Novartis. Anita Brakman, guest columnist, has no relevant relationships to disclose.
Copyright 2014, AHC Media. All rights reserved.