Target Audience:This activity is intended for emergency physicians, ED nurses, and other clinicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.0 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.0 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Senior Managing Editor:
Joy Daughtery Dickinson
Diana S. Contino RN, MBA, FAEN
Senior Manager, Healthcare
Deloitte Consulting LLP
James J. Augustine, MD
Director of Clinical Operations, EMP Management
Assistant Fire Chief and Medical Director
Washington, DC, Fire EMS
Clinical Associate Professor
Department of Emergency Medicine
Wright State University
Caral Edelberg CPC, CCS-P, CHC
Edelberg Compliance Associates
Baton Rouge, LA
Medical Management Resources of TeamHealth
- Robot saves ED stroke patients, addresses subspecialist shortage
- Trauma patients feted by staff
- ED leaders reverse poor flow trends
- Expectations for tPA is pathway to litigation
- You can optimize revenues, compliance
- Staff pray with patients? Don't fear lawsuits
- Finally! The Joint Commission revises NPSG for medication reconciliation
- Defective handoffs reduced by 52%
- Apply new information about various approaches to ED management
- Discuss how developments in the regulatory arena apply to the ED setting
- Implement managerial procedures suggested by your peers in the publication.
Financial Disclosure:Author Steve Lewis, Senior Managing Editor Joy Dickinson, Executive Editor Coles McKagen, and Nurse Planner Diana S. Contino report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Executive Editor James J. Augustine discloses he is a consultant for The Abaris Group and conducts research for Ferno Washington. Caral Edelberg, guest columnist, discloses that she is a retained consultant for TeamHealth and that she is a stockholder in Edelberg Compliance Associates.