Read the Disclosure Information Below, then click “Continue” to begin testing.
Release date: March 2015
Valid through: March 2017
This activity is intended for emergency physicians, ED nurses, and other clinicians.
AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation: This activity has been approved for 1.04 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.04 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Faculty Listing: Author:
Shelly Morrow Mark
Diana S. Contino RN, MBA, FAEN
Senior Manager, Healthcare
Deloitte Consulting LLP
James J. Augustine, MD
Director of Clinical Operations, EMP Management
Assistant Fire Chief and Medical Director
Washington, DC, Fire EMS
Clinical Associate Professor
Department of Emergency Medicine
Wright State University
Caral Edelberg CPC, CPMA, CAC, CCS-P, CHC
Edelberg Compliance Associates
Baton Rouge, LA
- With flu numbers among staff increasing, hospitals report challenges, need for vigilance
- Despite positive new research findings, use of antiviral meds against the flu remains controversial
- Use mystery observers, staff input to boost hand-washing compliance
- Borrowing yet another technique from manufacturing, investigators find that ‘operational flexibility’ can offer dividends to ED operations
- Researchers offer up a mnemonic tool to guide clinicians who must assess decision-making capacity in patients during emergency situations
- Culture change in the ED: There is still ample room for improvement
- Apply new information about various approaches to ED management
- Discuss how developments in the regulatory arena apply to the ED setting
- Implement managerial procedures suggested by your peers in the publication.
Author Dorothy Brooks
, Managing Editor Leslie Hamlin
, Executive Editor Shelly Morrow Mark
, and Nurse Planner Diana S. Contino
report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Executive Editor James J. Augustine
discloses he is a stockholder in EMP Holdings. Caral Edelberg
, guest columnist, discloses that she is a stockholder in Edelberg Compliance Associates.
Copyright 2015 AHC Media. All rights reserved.