Target Audience:This activity is intended for emergency physicians and nurses.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.5 nursing contact hours using a 50-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.5 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Larry Mellick, MD, MS, FAAP, FACEP
Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics
Residency Program Director
Department of Emergency Medicine
Medical College of Georgia, Augusta
Theresa Finerty, MS, RN, CNA, BC
Emergency and Trauma Services
OSF Saint Francis Medical Center
Centers for Medicare and Medical Services
Robert Bitterman, MD, JD, FACEP
Bitterman Health Law Consulting Group, Inc.
Emergency Physicians Insurance Co., Inc.
Martha Jo Dendinger
Editorial Group Head
- Michigan's non-economic damages cap ruled constitutional; the cap applies to EMTALA claims
- The biggest liability risks in the ED during disasters
- Statute of limitations: How it affects ED cases
- Special Report: Striking the Balance: HIPAA & the ED
- Identify legal issues relating to emergency medicine practice
- Explain how these issues affect nurses, physicians, legal counsel, management, and patients
- Integrate practical solutions to reduce risk into the ED practitioner's daily practices
Financial Disclosure:The following individuals disclose that they have no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study: Larry Mellick, MD, MS, FAAP, FACEP (executive editor), Theresa Finerty, MS, RN, CNA, BC (nurse planner), Staci Kusterbeck (contributing editor), Megan Cosgrove (contributing editor), Martha Jo Dendinger (Managing Editor) and Glen Harris (Editorial Group Head). Robert Bitterman, MD, JD, FACEP (contributing editor), discloses that he is President, Bitterman Health Law Consulting Group, Inc., Charlotte, NC; and he serves on the Board of Governors and committees of the Emergency Physicians Insurance Co., Inc., Auburn, CA.
Copyright 2006 AHC Media. All rights reserved