Target Audience:This activity is intended for emergency physicians and nurses.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM.Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity is approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for 1.5 hours of ACEP Category 1 credits.
Larry Mellick, MD, MS, FAAP, FACEP
Professor of Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics
Residency Program Director
Department of Emergency Medicine
Medical College of Georgia, Augusta
Theresa Finerty, MS, RN, CNA, BC
Emergency and Trauma Services
OSF Saint Francis Medical Center
Robert Bitterman, MD, JD, FACEP
Bitterman Health Law Consulting Group, Inc.
Emergency Physicians Insurance Co., Inc.
Stephen A. Frew, JD
Johnson Insurance Services, LLC
Martha Jo Dendinger
Editorial Group Head
- Halting inappropriate expert witness testimony – Part I: Professional associations' efforts to police 'experts'
- Know liability risks of 'drug seekers' and 'frequent fliers'
- Some EPs unfamiliar with MI guidelines
- Special Report: EMTALA Compliance Could Have Stopped Failure Cascade
- Identify legal issues relating to emergency medicine practice
- Explain how these issues affect nurses, physicians, legal counsel, management, and patients
- Integrate practical solutions to reduce risk into the ED practitioner's daily practices
Financial Disclosure:The following individuals disclose that they have no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study: Larry Mellick, MD, MS, FAAP, FACEP (executive editor), Theresa Finerty, MS, RN, CNA, BC (nurse planner), Staci Kusterbeck (Contributing Editor), Stephen A. Frew, JD (Author), Martha Jo Dendinger (Managing Editor) and Glen Harris (Editorial Group Head). Robert Bitterman, MD, JD, FACEP, (Contributing Editor) discloses that he is President, Bitterman Health Law Consulting Group, Inc., Charlotte, NC; and he serves on the Board of Governors and committees of the Emergency Physicians Insurance Co., Inc., Auburn, CA.
Copyright 2007 AHC Media. All rights reserved.