Target Audience:This activity is intended for emergency physicians and nurses.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Larry Mellick, MD, MS, FAAP, FACEP
Professor of Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics
Residency Program Director
Department of Emergency Medicine
Medical College of Georgia, Augusta
Theresa Finerty, MS, RN, CNA, BC
Emergency and Trauma Services
OSF Saint Francis Medical Center
William Sullivan, DO, JD, FACEP, FCLM
Director of Emergency Services
St. Mary?s Hospital
Dept. of Emergency Medicine
Downers Grove, IL;
Clinical Assistant Professor
Dept. of Emergency Medicine
University of Illinois
Sullivan Law Office
Robert Bitterman, MD, JD, FACEP
Bitterman Health Law Consulting Group, Inc.
Emergency Physicians Insurance Co., Inc.
Martha Jo Dendinger
Editorial Group Head
Gregory P. Moore, MD, JD
Volunteer Clinical Faculty
UC Davis Emergency Medicine Residency
James A. Pfaff, MD
Director Risk Management
Brooke Army Emergency Medicine Residency
San Antonio, TX
- Halting Inappropriate Expert Witness Testimony — Part II: Efforts of State Medical Boards and State Medical Societies to Police 'Experts'
- Frequent ED visitors = High risk of EMTALA violations
- Reduce risks with credentialing for rare, high-risk ED procedures
- Special Report: Psychiatric Emergencies: A Medical-Legal Minefield
- Identify legal issues relating to emergency medicine practice
- Explain how these issues affect nurses, physicians, legal counsel, management, and patients
- Integrate practical solutions to reduce risk into the ED practitioner's daily practices
Financial Disclosure:The following individuals disclose that they have no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study: Larry Mellick, MD, MS, FAAP, FACEP (executive editor), Theresa Finerty, MS, RN, CNA, BC (nurse planner), Staci Kusterbeck (contributing editor), William Sullivan, DO, JD, FACEP, FCLM (contributing editor), Martha Jo Dendinger (Managing Editor) and Glen Harris (Editorial Group Head). Robert Bitterman, MD, JD, FACEP, (contributing editor) discloses that he is President, Bitterman Health Law Consulting Group, Inc., Charlotte, NC; and he serves on the Board of Governors and committees of the Emergency Physicians Insurance Co., Inc., Auburn, CA. Gregory P. Moore, MD, JD and James A. Pfaff, MD (authors) report no conflicts.
Copyright 2007 AHC Media. All rights reserved.