Target Audience:This activity is intended for emergency physicians and nurses.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Faculty Executive Editor
Larry B. Mellick, MD, MS, FAAP, FACEP
Professor of Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics
Residency Program Director
Department of Emergency Medicine
Medical College of Georgia, Augusta
Sue A. Behrens, APRN, BC
Manager, Trauma Services
OSF Saint Francis Medical Center
Robert Bitterman, MD, JD, FACEP
President, Bitterman Health Law Consulting Group Inc.
Vice President, Emergency Physicians Insurance Co., Inc.
William M. McDonnell, MD, JD
Senior Managing Editor
- Transferring Patients: EMTALA Rule to Apply to Those Needing More Care
- When are you liable for response to "code blues" on other units?
- Special Report: Liability Risks Vary in Emergency Physicians' Response to Code Blue Alerts
- Long ED waits for psychiatric patients can lead to lawsuits
- Identify legal issues relating to emergency medicine practice
- Explain how these issues affect nurses, physicians, legal counsel, management, and patients
- Integrate practical solutions to reduce risk into the ED practitioner's daily practices
The following individuals disclose that they have no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study: Larry Mellick, MD, MS, FAAP, FACEP (executive editor), Professor of Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics, Department of Emergency Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta; Robert Bitterman, MD, JD, FACEP, President, Bitterman Health Law Consulting Group, Inc., Charlotte, NC; Vice President, Emergency Physicians Insurance Co., Inc., Auburn, CA (contributing editor); Sue A. Behrens, APRN, BC (nurse planner), Manager Trauma Services, OSF Saint Francis Medical Center, Peoria, IL; Kay Ball (nurse reviewer); Stacey Kusterbeck (contributing editor); William M. McDonnell, MD, JD, (contributing editor) Suzanne Thatcher (Senior Managing Editor); and Lee Landenberger (Associate Publisher).
Copyright 2008 AHC Media. All rights reserved.