Target Audience:This activity is intended for emergency physicians and nurses.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 50-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Arthur R. Derse, MD, JD, FACEP
Director and Professor
Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities
Institute for Health and Society
Medical College of Wisconsin
Kay Ball RN, PhD, CNOR, FAAN
K&D Medical Inc
Lewis Center, OH
Shelly Morrow Mark
- Wisconsin Court Rules On-call Physician with Privileges is an 'Employee' of the Hospital for Purposes of EMTALA Whistleblower Enforcement
- EPs Can Protect Themselves Legally From 'Problem' Patients
- Legal Risks for EPs Who Fail to Obtain a Consult
- "If the EP Had Only Told Me" Is Consultant's Likely Defense
- Identify legal issues relating to emergency medicine practice
- Explain how these issues affect nurses, physicians, legal counsel, management, and patients
- Integrate practical solutions to reduce risk into the ED practitioners daily practices
The following individuals disclose that they have no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study: Arthur R. Derse
, MD, JD, FACEP (Physician Editor), Director and Professor, Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities, Institute for Health and Society, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI; Kevin Klauer
, DO, EJD, (Writer); Stacey Kusterbeck
(Contributing Editor); Shelly Morrow Mark
(Executive Editor); and Leslie Hamlin
(Managing Editor). Kay Ball
RN, PhD, CNOR, FAAN, Consultant/ Educator, K&D Medical Inc., Lewis Center, OH (Nurse Planner) is a speaker for AORN and a stockholder for STERIS, Inc.
Copyright 2014 AHC Media