Target Audience:This activity is intended for emergency physicians and nurses.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 50-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Arthur R. Derse, MD, JD, FACEP
Director and Professor
Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities
Institute for Health and Society
Medical College of Wisconsin
Kay Ball RN, PhD, CNOR, FAAN
K&D Medical Inc
Lewis Center, OH
Shelly Morrow Mark
- Georgia Courts Continue to Define the State’s Emergency Care Reform Law
- Simple Communication Practices Can Prevent Some ED Claims: Angry Patients Sometimes Just Want Answers
- New Ruling on NPDB Reporting Requirements Affects ED Programs for Early Resolution of Potential Claims
- Defensive Medicine Can Complicate Emergency Physician’s Defense
- Malpractice Reform Didn’t Change EPs’ Practices, Says Study
- Identify legal issues relating to emergency medicine practice
- Explain how these issues affect nurses, physicians, legal counsel, management, and patients
- Integrate practical solutions to reduce risk into the ED practitioners daily practices
The following individuals disclose that they have no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study: Arthur R. Derse
, MD, JD, FACEP (Physician Editor), Director and Professor, Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities, Institute for Health and Society, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI; Stacey Kusterbeck
(Contributing Editor); Shelly Morrow Mark
(Executive Editor); and Leslie Hamlin
(Managing Editor). Kay Ball
RN, PhD, CNOR, FAAN, Consultant/ Educator, K&D Medical Inc., Lewis Center, OH (Nurse Planner) is a speaker for AORN and a stockholder for STERIS, Inc.
Copyright 2014 AHC Media