Target Audience:This activity is intended for hospital-based nurse case managers, case management directors, social workers and utilization review nurses.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.5 nursing contact hours using a 50-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.5 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Editorial Group Head
Mary Booth Thomas
Patrice Spath, RHIT
Health Care Quality
Brown-Spath & Associates
Forest Grove, OR
Toni G. Cesta, PhD, RN, FAAN
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
Great Neck, NY
- Take the lead in helping to remedy ED crowding, diversion, boarding
- Initiative aids discharge planning, throughput
- Dedicated CM-SW team care for trauma patients
- Critical Path Network: Specialists track core measures, documentation, DRGs
- Critical Path Network: Create an environment where CMs can thrive
- Critical Path Network: Week is an opportunity to recognize your staff
- Guest Column: Where does the time go?
- Ambulatory Care Quarterly: Joint Commission's 2007 National Patient Safety Goals will revamp emergency department nursing practice
- identify particular clinical, administrative, or regulatory issues related to the profession of case management
- describe how those issues affect patients, case managers, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- cite practical solutions to problems associated with the issue, based on independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions or other authorities.
Financial Disclosure:Managing Editor Russ Underwood, Editorial Group Head Coles McKagen, and Editors Mary Booth Thomas and Staci Kusterbeck, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Columnist Patrice Spath, RHIT discloses she is principal of Brown-Spath & Associates. Consulting Editor Toni G. Cesta, PhD, RN, FAAN discloses that she is principal of Case Manager Solutions LLC.
Copyright 2006 AHC Media. All rights reserved.