Target Audience:This activity is intended for hospital-based nurse case managers, case management directors, social workers and utilization review nurses.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.5 nursing contact hours using a 50-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.5 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Editorial Group Head
Mary Booth Thomas
Toni G. Cesta, PhD, RN, FAAN
Vice President, Administration
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
Great Neck, NY
- Brace yourself for changes in the DRG model with more on the way
- Initiative focuses on eliminating roadblocks
- APNs ensure patients move through the continuum
- Team approach to improving documentation pays off
- Geriatric CMs collaborate on discharge planning
- CMS unveils planned changes to EMTALA
- Be vigilant when it comes to fraud/abuse compliance
- 'Basics' may be pushed aside in rush to trendier remedies
- Maryland facility begins 'discharge by appointment'
- identify particular clinical, administrative, or regulatory issues related to the profession of case management
- describe how those issues affect patients, case managers, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- cite practical solutions to problems associated with the issue, based on independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions or other authorities
Financial Disclosure:Managing Editor Russ Underwood, Editorial Group Head Coles McKagen, and Editor Mary Booth Thomas report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Consulting Editor Toni Cesta discloses that she is principal of Case Manager Solutions LLC.
Copyright 2006 AHC Media. All rights reserved.