Target Audience:This activity is intended for hospital-based nurse case managers, case management directors, social workers and utilization review nurses.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Editorial Group Head
Mary Booth Thomas
Toni G. Cesta, PhD, RN, FAAN
Vice President, Administration
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
Great Neck, NY
- ED case managers can improve throughput, reduce denials
- Identify areas where a CM can have an impact
- Value-based purchasing gives CMs chance to shine
- Initiative helps to improve patient throughput
- CMs partner with coders for appropriate documentation
- ED CMs improve throughput as patient advocates
- Sutter DM, CM programs strike balance for best patient outcomes
- 'Ideal Patient Day' gives heads-up on care
- identify particular clinical, administrative, or regulatory issues related to the profession of case management
- describe how those issues affect patients, case managers, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- cite practical solutions to problems associated with the issue, based on independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions or other authorities
Financial Disclosure:Managing Editor Russ Underwood, Editorial Group Head Coles McKagen, and Editor Mary Booth Thomas report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Consulting Editor Toni Cesta discloses that she is principal of Case Manager Solutions LLC.
Copyright 2007 AHC Media. All rights reserved.