Target Audience:This activity is intended for hospital-based nurse case managers, case management directors, social workers and utilization review nurses.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Mary Booth Thomas
Toni G. Cesta, PhD, RN, FAAN
Vice President, Administration
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
Great Neck, NY
- For case managers, business isn't a dirty word; it's just part of the job
- Be good stewards of patients' health benefits
- Documentation project increases case mix
- Get creative in dealing with long-stay patients
- Case manager coordinates care for injured workers
- Case continues: Was man discharged too soon?
- After tornado, hospital able to place all in need
- Cost biggest barrier to health IT adoption
- Access, CM functions overlap for patient needs
- 'Cognitive load' increasing for health care workers
- 'Patient portal' designed for elderly patients
- identify particular clinical, administrative, or regulatory issues related to the profession of case management
- describe how those issues affect patients, case managers, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- cite practical solutions to problems associated with the issue, based on independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions or other authorities
Financial Disclosure:Managing Editor Jill Robbins, Associate Publisher Coles McKagen, and Editor Mary Booth Thomas report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Consulting Editor Toni Cesta discloses that she is principal of Case Manager Solutions LLC.
Copyright 2007 AHC Media. All rights reserved.