Target Audience:This activity is intended for hospital-based nurse case managers, case management directors, social workers and utilization review nurses.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Mary Booth Thomas
Vivian Campagna, MSN, RN,C, CCM
Commissioner, Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC)
New York City
Toni G. Cesta, PhD, RN, FAAN
Vice President, Administration
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
Great Neck, NY
- Notify patients of financial responsibility if they don't meet Medicare criteria
- Avoid misinterpreting HIPAA regulations
- Coordinating Important Message notifications
- Tips for handling Medicare discharge appeals
- Six Sigma project slashes LOS for SNF discharges
- Educating ED staff assures admission criteria
- Employee education big part in initiative's success
- Who should you charge with charge capture?
- New CMS 'error' rule has access implications
- Cell phones to the rescue when weather woes hit
- identify particular clinical, administrative, or regulatory issues related to the profession of case management
- describe how those issues affect patients, case managers, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- cite practical solutions to problems associated with the issue, based on independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions or other authorities
Financial Disclosure:Managing Editor Jill Robbins, Associate Publisher Coles McKagen, and Editor Mary Booth Thomas, and Guest Columnist Vivian Campagna, MSN, RN,C, CCM, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Consulting Editor Toni Cesta discloses that she is principal of Case Manager Solutions LLC.
Copyright 2007 AHC Media. All rights reserved.