Target Audience:This activity is intended for hospital-based nurse case managers, case management directors, social workers and utilization review nurses.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Editorial Group Head
Mary Booth Thomas
Toni G. Cesta, PhD, RN, FAAN
Vice President, Patient Flow Optimization
Corporate Quality Management
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
Great Neck, NY
- CMS requirements present challenges, opportunities for case managers
- CMs', coders' role in documenting POAs
- Use systematic approach to identify at-risk patients
- LOS initiative emphasizes interdisciplinary collaboration
- 'Re-engineered' discharge uses checklist
- Get EKG time down to 11 minutes or less
- Baystate case managers act as quality safety net
- Documentation initiative increases case mix index
- CE, communication keys to successful initiative
- identify particular clinical, administrative, or regulatory issues related to the profession of case management
- describe how those issues affect patients, case managers, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- cite practical solutions to problems associated with the issue, based on independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions or other authorities
Financial Disclosure:Managing Editor Jill Robbins, Editorial Group Head Russ Underwood, and Editor Mary Booth Thomas, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Consulting Editor Toni Cesta discloses that she is principal of Case Manager Solutions LLC.
Copyright 2008 AHC Media. All rights reserved.