Target Audience:This activity is intended for hospital-based nurse case managers, case management directors, social workers and utilization review nurses.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Mary Booth Thomas
Toni G. Cesta, PhD, RN, FAAN
Vice President, Patient Flow Optimization
Corporate Quality Management
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
Great Neck, NY
- Stop inappropriate admissions to improve your hospital's patient flow
- Compile data to make your case to administration
- Innovations help medical center keep LOS low
- CM protocol results in decreased denials
- Education was key to success of CM protocol
- Multifaceted approach keeps patients flowing
- Final OPPS rule links quality of care to payment
- Pre-admission prediction tool improves process
- DP process begins five weeks before surgery
- Family interpreters can cause harm
- identify particular clinical, administrative, or regulatory issues related to the profession of case management
- describe how those issues affect patients, case managers, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- cite practical solutions to problems associated with the issue, based on independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions or other authorities
Financial Disclosure:Managing Editor Jill Robbins, Associate Publisher Russ Underwood, and Editor Mary Booth Thomas, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Consulting Editor Toni G. Cesta, PhD, RN, FAAN discloses that she is principal of Case Management Concepts LLC.
Copyright 2009 AHC Media. All rights reserved.