Target Audience:This activity is intended for hospital-based nurse case managers, case management directors, social workers and utilization review nurses.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Mary Booth Thomas
Toni G. Cesta, PhD, RN, FAAN
Vice President, Patient Flow Optimization
Corporate Quality Management
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
Great Neck, NY
- Help patients, families cope with end-of-life situations
- Get in touch with your feelings about EOL issues
- Throughput measures decrease LOS in ED
- Multidisciplinary rounds at bedside involve patients, families
- Program targets pneumonia quality measures
- Make sure patients are appropriate for home care
- Patient access using new Medicare noncoverage form
- Patient access attacks ED problem 'on many fronts'
- Machine-readable cards on horizon
- identify particular clinical, administrative, or regulatory issues related to the profession of case management
- describe how those issues affect patients, case managers, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- cite practical solutions to problems associated with the issue, based on independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions or other authorities
Financial Disclosure:Managing Editor Jill Robbins, Associate Publisher Russ Underwood, and Editor Mary Booth Thomas, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Consulting Editor Toni G. Cesta, PhD, RN, FAAN discloses that she is principal of Case Management Concepts LLC.
Copyright 2009 AHC Media. All rights reserved.