Target Audience:This activity is intended for hospital-based nurse case managers, case management directors, social workers and utilization review nurses.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Mary Booth Thomas
Toni G. Cesta, PhD, RN, FAAN
Senior Vice President
Operational Efficiency and Capacity Management
Lutheran Medical Center
Brooklyn, New York
- Struggling to find post-acute care for undocumented and uninsured immigrants
- Finding discharge options for uninsured immigrants
- Transporting patients to native country for care
- Hospital returns immigrant to his family in Poland
- Preceptors, mentors help CMs learn the way around
- Interdisciplinary initiative reduces LOS by 2%
- Multidisciplinary meetings lower LOS, excess days
- Patient satisfaction upon discharge improved
- Management, staff collaborate on hiring
- Reduce one-day stays when observation is better
- Revamp process for sudden surges in registrations
- Number of patients leaving against advice increasing
- identify particular clinical, administrative, or regulatory issues related to the profession of case management
- describe how those issues affect patients, case managers, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- cite practical solutions to problems associated with the issue, based on independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions or other authorities
Financial Disclosure:Managing Editor Jill Robbins, Associate Publisher Russ Underwood, and Editor Mary Booth Thomas, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Consulting Editor Toni G. Cesta, PhD, RN, FAAN discloses that she is principal of Case Management Concepts LLC.
Copyright 2009 AHC Media. All rights reserved.