Target Audience:This activity is intended for hospital-based nurse case managers, case management directors, social workers and utilization review nurses.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Mary Booth Thomas
Toni G. Cesta, PhD, RN, FAAN
Senior Vice President
Operational Efficiency and Capacity Management
Lutheran Medical Center
Brooklyn, New York
- Patient flow takes on new importance with health care reform
- Communication key to improving throughput
- Proposed IPPS hinges on accurate documentation
- Prepare now for the implementation of ICD-10
- Bed capacity project reduces discharge, ED delays
- Bay Medical improves ED throughput via ICU
- Medicare project focuses on hospital readmissions
- MI system leads in effort to improve transitions
- identify particular clinical, administrative, or regulatory issues related to the profession of case management
- describe how clinical, administrative, or regulatory issues particular to the profession of case management affect patients, case managers, hospitals, or the health care industry at large
- discuss solutions to the problems facing case managers based on independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions or other authorities
Financial Disclosure:Managing Editor Jill Robbins, Executive Editor Russ Underwood, and Editor Mary Booth Thomas, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Consulting Editor Toni G. Cesta, PhD, RN, FAAN discloses that she is principal of Case Management Concepts LLC.
Copyright 2010 AHC Media. All rights reserved.