Target Audience:This activity is intended for hospital-based nurse case managers, case management directors, social workers and utilization review nurses.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Mary Booth Thomas
Toni G. Cesta, PhD, RN, FAAN
Senior Vice President
Operational Efficiency and Capacity Management
Lutheran Medical Center
Brooklyn, New York
Peer Reviewer for Case Management Insider
Donna Zazworsky, RN, MS, CCM, FAAN
- CMS proposal to reward hospitals for providing high-quality care
- MD to document meeting regarding home care
- Case managers, SWs cover the ED 24-7
- Reducing readmissions: Case management's critical role
- CM redesign positions hospital as an ACO
- ED leaders reverse poor flow trends
- Culture change starts with leaders
- identify particular clinical, administrative, or regulatory issues related to the profession of case management
- describe how clinical, administrative, or regulatory issues particular to the profession of case management affect patients, case managers, hospitals, or the health care industry at large
- discuss solutions to the problems facing case managers based on independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions or other authorities
Financial Disclosure:Managing Editor Jill Robbins, Executive Editor Russ Underwood, and Editor Mary Booth Thomas, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Consulting Editor Toni G. Cesta, PhD, RN, FAAN, serves as consulting editor of Hospital Case Management and author of Case Management Insider. She discloses that she is principal of Case Management Concepts LLC. Donna Zazworsky, RN, MS, CCM, FAAN, serves as peer reviewer for Case Management Insider. She has no relevant financial disclosures Copyright 2011 AHC Media. All rights reserved.