Target Audience:This activity is intended for hospital-based nurse case managers, case management directors, social workers and utilization review nurses.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Mary Booth Thomas
Toni G. Cesta, PhD, RN, FAAN
Consulting Editor of Hospital Case Management and Author of Case Management Insider
Senior Vice President
Operational Efficiency and Capacity Management
Lutheran Medical Center
Brooklyn, New York
Peer Reviewer for Case Management Insider
Donna Zazworsky, RN, MS, CCM, FAAN
Community Health and Continuum Care
Carondelet Health Network
- ED case managers are crucial to help maximize reimbursement
- Improper admissions equals paperwork
- Staff ED at peak times for admissions
- ED case managers save $4.5 million
- Use data to justify adding staff in the ED
- Provider-preventable conditions face cuts
- Pilot project to improve discharge process
- Registration kiosks 'intuitive' for patients
- Patients want registrars to educate them
- Every day, the case management department faces multiple dilemmas over ethics
- An ethical dilemma found in a case study
- Solution: Committees on organizational ethics
- The process of ethical decision-making
- identify particular clinical, administrative, or regulatory issues related to the profession of case management
- describe how clinical, administrative, or regulatory issues particular to the profession of case management affect patients, case managers, hospitals, or the health care industry at large
- discuss solutions to the problems facing case managers based on independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions or other authorities
Financial Disclosure:Executive Editor Joy Dickinson, Managing Editor Felicia Willis, Editor Mary Booth Thomas, Consulting Editor Toni G. Cesta, PhD, RN, FAAN, consulting editor of Hospital Case Management and author of Case Management Insider report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Donna Zazworsky, RN, MS, CCM, FAAN, serves as peer reviewer for Case Management Insider. She has no relevant financial disclosures
Copyright 2011 AHC Media. All rights reserved.