Target Audience:This activity is intended for hospital-based nurse case managers, case management directors, social workers and utilization review nurses.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Associate Managing Editor
Mary Booth Thomas
Toni G. Cesta, PhD, RN, FAAN
Consulting Editor of Hospital Case Management and
Senior Vice President
Operational Efficiency and Capacity Management
Lutheran Medical Center
Brooklyn, New York
- ED boarding creates patient safety issues, increases risk of mortality
- Early discharge planning improves throughput
- Avoid temporary solutions to patient flow
- ED designed to focus on issues faced by seniors
- Alter the space to make ED senior-friendly
- MAC mobile reviews an eye-opening experience
- Patients surveyed post-discharge
- BYOD policies address personal issues
- identify particular clinical, administrative, or regulatory issues related to the profession of case management
- describe how clinical, administrative, or regulatory issues particular to the profession of case management affect patients, case managers, hospitals, or the health care industry at large
- discuss solutions to the problems facing case managers based on independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions or other authorities
Financial Disclosure:Executive Editor Russ Underwood, Associate Managing Editor Jill Drachenberg, Editor Mary Booth Thomas, and Nurse Planner Toni G. Cesta, PhD, RN, FAAN, Consulting Editor of Hospital Case Management, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2013 AHC Media. All rights reserved.