Target Audience:This activity is intended for hospital-based nurse case managers, case management directors, social workers and utilization review nurses.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Faculty Listing:Executive Editor
Associate Managing Editor
Mary Booth Thomas
Toni G. Cesta, PhD, RN, FAAN
Consulting Editor of Hospital Case Management and
Senior Vice President
Operational Efficiency and Capacity Management
Lutheran Medical Center
Brooklyn, New York
- Multidisciplinary rounds have become a must, experts say
- Keeping the team focused during rounds
- Extended-stay rounds can help move patients along
- Rounds help keep the treatment team on task
- Transition manager is liaison between teams
- Handout summarizes discharge instructions
- Responding to ACA access problems
- Give access staff a `visual’ for plans
- Time Management for Case Managers — So Much Work, So Little Time
- Identify particular clinical, administrative, or regulatory issues related to the profession of case management
- Describe how clinical, administrative, or regulatory issues particular to the profession of case management affect patients, case managers, hospitals, or the health care industry at large
- Discuss solutions to the problems facing case managers based on independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions or other authorities
Executive Editor Russ Underwood, Associate Managing Editor Jill Drachenberg, and Editor Mary Booth Thomas, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Nurse Planner Toni G. Cesta, PhD, RN, FAAN, Consulting Editor of Hospital Case Management, is a partner with Case Management Concepts, LLC.
Copyright 2014 AHC Media. All rights reserved.