Target Audience:This activity is intended for employee health nurse managers.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
AHC Media also is approved as a provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number CEP10864.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.5 nursing contact hours using a 50-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.5 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
American Health consultants
Editorial Group Head
American Health Consultants
MaryAnn Gruden, MSN, CRNP, NP-C, COHN-S/CM
Association Community Liaison
Association of Occupational Health
Professionals in Healthcare
Employee Health Services
West Penn Allegheny Health System
Western Pennsylvania Hospital
- JCAHO adds flu standard with no declination statements required
- Freedom: Hospitals halt annual TB tests
- AOHP at 25: Raising the profile of HEH
- Workers become ill from floor strippers
- Hospitals look beyond patient-handling hazards
- Put a premium on privacy in employee health protocol
- Change for life: Wellness wins over employees
- Sign signals safe lifting practices practiced here
- identify particular clinical, administrative, or regulatory issues related to the care of hospital employees
- describe how those issues affect health care workers, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- cite practical solutions to problems associated with the issue, based on overall expert guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration, or other authorities, or based on independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions
Financial Disclosure:Editor Michele Marill, Managing Editor Jill Robbins, Editorial Group Head Coles McKagen, and Consulting Editor MaryAnn Gruden, MSN, CRNP, NP-C, COHN-S/CM report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2006 AHC Media. All rights reserved.