Target Audience:This activity is intended for employee health nurse managers.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.5 nursing contact hours using a 50-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.5 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Editorial Group Head
MaryAnn Gruden, MSN, CRNP, NP-C, COHN-S/CM
Association Community Liaison
Association of Occupational Health
Professionals in Healthcare
Employee Health Services
West Penn Allegheny Health System
Western Pennsylvania Hospital
- Get your N95s ready; masks may not be enough for pandemic flu
- How transmissible is H5N1 and how do we prepare?
- Hospitals might compete with the public for masks
- HIV testing becomes more routine with new guidance
- It takes teamwork to prevent slips and falls
- EH often sidelined at Joint Commission surveys
- Set policies to balance patient, employee safety
- Set a protocol for HCWs with CA-MRSA wounds
- Long hours put nurses at higher risk for MSDs
- identify particular clinical, administrative, or regulatory issues related to the care of hospital employees
- describe how those issues affect health care workers, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- cite practical solutions to problems associated with the issue, based on overall expert guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration, or other authorities, or based on independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions
Financial Disclosure:Editor Michele Marill, Managing Editor Jill Robbins, Editorial Group Head Coles McKagen, Consulting Editor MaryAnn Gruden, MSN, CRNP, NP-C, COHN-S/CM and Editor Gary Evans report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2006 AHC Media. All rights reserved.