Target Audience:This activity is intended for employee health nurse managers.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
MaryAnn Gruden, MSN, CRNP, NP-C, COHN-S/CM
Association Community Liaison
Association of Occupational Health
Professionals in Healthcare
Employee Health Services
West Penn Allegheny Health System
Western Pennsylvania Hospital
- Hospitals making it harder for HCWs to 'just say no' to influenza vaccine
- Outbreak reveals stakes of HCW flu vaccine
- Back-injured nurse tells her painful story
- Hospital eases work for 'seasoned nurses'
- Does working at night cause breast cancer?
- Keeping sticks low is an endless challenge
- CDC looking into deaths after treatment for TB
- identify particular clinical, administrative, or regulatory issues related to the care of hospital employees
- describe how those issues affect health care workers, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- cite practical solutions to problems associated with the issue, based on overall expert guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration, or other authorities, or based on independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions
Editor Michele Marill, Associate Publisher Coles McKagen, Consulting Editor MaryAnn Gruden, MSN, CRNP, NP-C, COHN-S/CM and Managing Editor Gary Evans report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2008 AHC Media. All rights reserved.