Target Audience:This activity is intended for employee health nurse managers.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
MaryAnn Gruden, MSN, CRNP, NP-C, COHN-S/CM
Association Community Liaison
Association of Occupational Health
Professionals in Healthcare
Employee Health Services
West Penn Allegheny Health System
Western Pennsylvania Hospital
- A 96-hour wait: The Joint Commission's new emergency plan for hospitals
- Lessons learned: Prepare for the unpredictable
- Chem exposure tests hospital's readiness
- BJC: All HCWs must get seasonal flu shot
- Money talks: HCWs get 20 bucks for a flu shot
- CDC: Tell patients to ask HCWs to wash their hands
- Success story: Boosting annual health screens
- OSHA updates hospital eTool
- Special issue in January: A sharper look at safety
- identify particular clinical, administrative, or regulatory issues related to the care of hospital employees
- describe how those issues affect health care workers, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- cite practical solutions to problems associated with the issue, based on overall expert guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration, or other authorities, or based on independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions
Editor Michele Marill, Associate Publisher Coles McKagen, Consulting Editor MaryAnn Gruden, MSN, CRNP, NP-C, COHN-S/CM and Managing Editor Gary Evans report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2008 AHC Media. All rights reserved.