Target Audience:This activity is intended for employee health nurse managers.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
- Money matters: Your employees' health directly affects hospital's bottom line
- An antiviral insurance plan for pandemics
- Flu antiviral resistance forces new strategies
- HHS: Hospitals should stockpile antivirals for HCWs
- Questions arise about pandemic use of respirators
- Even children pose hazard of lift injury
- Seeking the upside of an aging work force
- OSHA proposes new fit-test protocols
- Israeli HIV+ surgeon cleared to continue work
- Bye, bye UTIs: Joint Commission and CMS putting heat on, but this mission is possible
- identify particular clinical, administrative, or regulatory issues related to the care of hospital employees
- describe how those issues affect health care workers, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- cite practical solutions to problems associated with the issue, based on overall expert guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration, or other authorities, or based on independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions
Editor Michele Marill, Associate Publisher Coles McKagen, Consulting Editor MaryAnn Gruden, and Managing Editor Gary Evans report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2009 AHC Media. All rights reserved.